2005.09-2010.06 Zhejiang University, Ph.D
2009.09-2010.03 Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Visiting Scholar
2018.09-Present University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Professor
2015.12-2018.08 Chongqing Technology and Business University, Professor
2010.07-2015.11 Chongqing Technology and Business University, Associate Professor
Catalytic Materials for Environment and Energy, Air Pollution Control, Environmental Chemistry, Materials Simulation and Calculation
1. Peng Chen, Hong Wang, Hongjing Liu, Zilin Ni, Jieyuan Li, Ying Zhou, Fan Dong*, Directional Electron Delivery and Enhanced Reactants Activation Enable Efficient Photocatalytic Air Purification on Amorphous Carbon Nitride Co-Functionalized with O/La, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2019, 242, 19-30.
2. Xinwei Li, Wendong Zhang, Jieyuan Li, Guangming Jiang, Ying Zhou, ShunCheng Lee, Fan Dong*, Transformation pathway and toxic intermediates inhibition of photocatalytic NO removal on designed Bi metal@defective Bi2O2SiO3, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2019, 241, 187-195.
3. Jieyuan Li, Zhiyong Zhang, Wen Cui, Hong Wang, Wanglai Cen, Grayson Johnson, Guangming Jiang, Sen Zhang*, Fan Dong*, The Spatially Oriented Charge Flow and Photocatalysis Mechanism on Internal van der Waals Heterostructures Enhanced g-C3N4, ACS Catalysis, 2018, 8, 8376-8385.
4. Hong Wang, Yanjuan Sun, Wenjie He, Ying Zhou, Shun Cheng Lee, Fan Dong*, Visible light induced electrons transfer from semiconductor to insulator enables efficient photocatalytic activity on insulator-based heterojunctions, Nanoscale, 2018, 10, 15513-15520.
5. Jieyuan Li, Xing’an Dong, Yanjuan Sun, Guangming Jiang, Yinghao Chu, S. C. Lee, Fan Dong*, Tailoring the Rate-determining Step in Photocatalysis via Localized Excess Electrons for Efficient and Safe Air Cleaning, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2018, 239, 187-195.
6. Wen Cui, Jieyuan Li, Yanjuan Sun, Hong Wang, Guangming Jiang, S.C. Lee, Fan Dong*, Enhancing ROS generation and suppressing toxic intermediate production inphotocatalytic NO oxidation on O/Ba co-functionalized amorphous carbon nitride, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2018, 237, 938-946.
7. Xing’an Dong, Jieyuan Li, Qian Xing, Ying Zhou, Hongwei Huang, Fan Dong*, The activation of reactants and intermediates promotes the selective photocatalytic NO conversion on electron-localized Sr-intercalated g-C3N4, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2018, 232, 69-76.
8. Hong Wang, Yanjuan Sun, Guangming Jiang, Yuxin Zhang, Hongwei Huang, Zhongbiao Wu, S. C. Lee, Fan Dong*, Unraveling the Mechanisms of Visible Light Photocatalytic NO Purification on Earth-Abundant Insulator-Based Core-Shell Heterojunctions, Environmental Science & Technology, 2018, 52 (3), 1479-1487.
9. Hong Wang, Wendong Zhang, Xinwei Li, Jieyuan Li, Wanglai Cen, Qiuyan Li, Fan Dong*, Highly enhanced visible light photocatalysis and in situ FT-IR studies on Bi metal@defective BiOCl hierarchical microspheres, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2018, 225, 218-227.
10. Xing’an Dong, Wendong Zhang, Yanjuan Sun, Jieyuan Li, Wanglai Cen, Zhihao Cui, Hongwei Huang, Fan Dong*, Visible light induced charge transfer pathway and photocatalysis mechanism on Bi semimetal@defective BiOBr hierarchical microspheres, Journal of Catalysis, 2018, 357, 41-50.
11. Wen Cui, Jieyuan Li, Fan Dong*, Yanjuan Sun, Guangming Jiang, Wanglai Cen, S. C. Lee, Zhongbiao Wu, Highly Efficient Performance and Conversion Pathway of Photocatalytic NO Oxidation on SrO-Clusters@Amorphous Carbon Nitride, Environmental Science & Technology, 2017, 51 (18), 10682-10690.
12. Wen Cui, Jieyuan Li, Wanglai Cen, Yanjuan Sun, S. C. Lee, Fan Dong*, Steering the interlayer energy barrier and charge flow via bi-oriented transportation channels in g-C3N4: enhanced photocatalysis and reaction mechanism, Journal of Catalysis, 2017, 352, 351-360.
13. Xin Feng, Wendong Zhang, Yanjuan Sun, Hongwei Huang, Fan Dong*, Fe(III) clusters-grafted (BiO)2CO3 superstructures: In situ DRIFTS investigation on IFCT-enhanced visible light photocatalytic NO oxidation, Environmental Science: Nano, 2017, 4, 604-612.
14. Yanjuan Sun, Ting Xiong, Fan Dong*, Hongwei Huang, Wanglai Cen, Interlayer-I-doped BiOIO3 nanoplates with an optimized electronic structure for efficient visible light photocatalysis, Chemical Communications, 2016, 52, 8243-8246.
15. Ting Xiong, Wanglai Cen, Yuxin Zhang, Fan Dong*, Bridging the g-C3N4 interlayers for enhanced photocatalysis, ACS Catalysis, 2016, 6, 2462-2472.
16. Fan Dong*, Zaiwang Zhao, Yanjuan Sun, Yuxin Zhang, Shuai Yan,* Zhongbiao Wu, An Advanced Semimetal-organic Bi Spheres/g-C3N4 Nanohybrid with SPR-Enhanced Visible-light Photocatalytic Performance for NO Purification, Environmental Science & Technology, 2015, 49 (20), 12432-12440.
17. Ting Xiong, Hongwei Huang, Yanjuan Sun, Fan Dong*, In-situ synthesis of a C-doped (BiO)2CO3 hierarchical self-assembly effectively promoting visible light photocatalysis, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2015, 3, 6118-6127.
18. Zhenyu Wang, Wei Guan, Yanjuan Sun, Fan Dong*, Ying Zhou and Wing-Kei Ho, Water-Assisted Production of Honeycomb-Like g-C3N4 with Ultralong Carrier Lifetime and Outstanding Photocatalytic Activity, Nanoscale, 2015, 7, 2471-2479.
19. Fan Dong*, Qiuyan Li, Yanjuan Sun, Wing-Kei Ho*, Noble Metal-Like Behavior of Plasmonic Bi Particles as a Cocatalyst Deposited on (BiO)2CO3 Microspheres for Efficient Visible Light Photocatalysis, ACS Catalysis, 2014, 4, 4341-4350.
20. Fan Dong*, Zhenyu Wang, Yuhan Li, Wing-Kei Ho, S. C. Lee, Immobilization of Polymeric g-C3N4 on Structured Ceramic Foam for Efficient Visible Light Photocatalytic Air Purification with Real Indoor Illumination, Environmental Science & Technology, 2014, 48 (17), 10345-10353.
21. Fan Dong*, Ting Xiong, Yanjuan Sun*, Zaiwang Zhao, Ying Zhou, Xin Feng, Zhongbiao Wu, A semimetal bismuth element as a direct plasmonic photocatalyst, Chemical Communications, 2014, 50(72), 10386-10389.
22. Fan Dong*, Zaiwang Zhao, Ting Xiong, Zilin Ni, Wendong Zhang, Yanjuan Sun, Wing-Kei Ho, In Situ Construction of g-C3N4/g-C3N4 Metal-Free Heterojunction for Enhanced Visible Light Photocatalysis, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2013, 5 (21), 11392-11401.
23. Fan Dong*, Yanjuan Sun, Min Fu, Zhongbiao Wu, S. C. Lee. Room temperature synthesis and highly enhanced visible light photocatalytic activity of porous BiOI/BiOCl composites nanoplates microflowers. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2012, 219-220, 26-34.
24. Fan Dong*, Liwen Wu, Yanjuan Sun, Min Fu, Zhongbiao Wu*, S. C. Lee. Efficient synthesis of polymeric g-C3N4 layered materials as novel efficient visible light driven photocatalyst. Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2011, 21(39), 15171-15174.
25. Fan Dong, Haiqiang Wang, Guo Sen, Zhongbiao Wu*, S. C. Lee. Enhanced visible light photocatalytic activity of novel Pt/C-doped TiO2/PtCl4 three-component nanojunction system for degradation of toluene in air. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2011, 187 (1-3), 509-516.